Most generic CRM systems fail to meet the needs of manufacturer contact centers for customers and channel partners. Manufacturers spend a lot of time and money to customize and integrate the generic CRM software to meet their contact center needs.
Here is a list of 10 business needs that CRM is not suited to address fully and effectively:
1. Product Support: Need to access discrete Product information such as Model, Serial Number, Product BOM or Configuration, Components, and Service History.
3. Channel Partner Support: Most manufacturers use channel partners such as distributors, dealers and service centers to deliver customer support and service. Contact Centers need to provide advanced technical assistance to the channel partners and also assign or route direct customer requests to the local service network.
4. Service Transactions: Support requests may result in other service transactions such as Repair Orders, Warranty Claims, and Parts Orders and need to be generated and tracked from the support request5. Warranty: Contact Centers need to validate Warranty and Service Contract entitlements, register products, and check for any open recalls
6. Field Service: Support requests may require a Field Service Technician to be dispatched to diagnose and resolve the issue.
7. Returns: Support Requests may result in Products or Parts to be returned, and Support system needs to generate Return Material Authorization (RMA), or Shipping labels
8. Knowledge: Easily access relevant knowledge from a wide variety of sources including operator manuals, service manuals, service bulletins, and schematics to resolve the customer issues faster9. Expert Assistance: Contact Center agents may need to engage experts across the company to resolve an issue and need to assign and track work flows beyond the contact centers.
10. Quality: Detect and improve product quality issues based on information captured by the contact centers.
Manufacturers need a Contact Center Management system that can address these specific needs effectively in addition to basic call tracking.
Request a Demo now to learn how you can enable your Contact Centers to be more effective and resolve customer support issues faster.